Friday, November 2, 2012

Beethoven Assignment


 5 Moments That Stood Out To Me 

1. Allegro con brio- 4:38-15:15
The melody contains just a single instrument playing softly. It conveys a sad feeling at first but then the main melody comes in with multiple violins. The violins increase intensity with a rise and fall feel that I really like the sound of.

2. Andante con moto- 3:52-4:33
I really enjoy the violins playing the melody together in this part, especially with the pizzicato bass playing along in the background. The piece contains a very quiet and soothing sound in which stood out to me.

3. Allegro III- 4:37 to Allegro IV :02
It begins with picked violin sounds. I really like the sound of the picked strings. Then the violins become quieter and play one long note while another violin plays a melody over top. The melody has a really nice build and leads straight into IV Allegro. I thought it was a great transition.

4. Allegro IV 2:55- 3:20
The notes are played in a fast and intense pace. I think it has a great complex effect as many instruments are playing different notes of the melody all at once. Also, I noticed that at the end near 3:20, it has a very concluding sound that actually made me think that the song was ending at that point.

5. Allegro IV 6:50- 7:20
This part starts with a nice melody of different instruments combining together and almost playing notes back to each other. I like how the violin plays a part and then the high-pitched instrument will play the same notes back. It almost as if the melody is being toss around to different instruments in order to find a place to continue towards.


Interesting part of Beethoven's Life

I find Ludwig van Beethoven's childhood to be very interesting to me, especially regarding his relationship with his father. I would really like to know why his father was so brutal and forceful with him about playing music. Another thing that I found interesting is if his musical skills developed as a result of his father's rigorous teachings, or if he already had the skills to be the prodigy he was without his father's training. I think that his father definitely had a great impact on Beethoven's musical knowledge, but Beethoven must have already had a natural musical mindset in order to compose the pieces he did as a child. He also wouldn't be leaving school to learn music with other teachers if he didn't like music in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment